Ben Goertzel is one of the most interesting minds in the artificial intelligence community. He is the founder of SingularityNET, designer of OpenCog AI framework, formerly a director of research at the Machine Intelligence Research Institute, Chief Scientist of Hanson Robotics, the company that created the Sophia Robot. He has been a central figure in the AGI community for many years, including in the Conference on Artificial General Intelligence.
Support this podcast by signing up with these sponsors:
– Jordan Harbinger Show: https://jordanharbinger.com/lex/
– MasterClass: https://masterclass.com/lex
Ben’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/bengoertzel
Ben’s Website: https://goertzel.org/
AGI Conference: http://agi-conf.org/2020/
SingularityNET Twitter: https://twitter.com/singularity_net
Full episodes playlist:
0:00 – Introduction
3:20 – Books that inspired you
6:38 – Are there intelligent beings all around us?
13:13 – Dostoevsky
15:56 – Russian roots
20:19 – When did you fall in love with AI?
31:30 – Are humans good or evil?
42:04 – Colonizing mars
46:53 – Origin of the term AGI
55:56 – AGI community
1:12:36 – How to build AGI?
1:36:47 – OpenCog
2:25:32 – SingularityNET
2:49:33 – Sophia
3:16:02 – Coronavirus
3:24:14 – Decentralized mechanisms of power
3:40:16 – Life and death
3:42:44 – Would you live forever?
3:50:26 – Meaning of life
3:58:03 – Hat
3:58:46 – Question for AGI
– Subscribe to this YouTube channel
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/lexfridman
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lexfridman
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LexFridmanPage
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lexfridman
– Medium: https://medium.com/@lexfridman
– Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/lexfridman